Now i am no stranger to the gym and trying (and sometimes failing) to remain fit and healthy. I needed something that would help me keep fit, something that I could look at and give me and incentive to be active and eat healthy. After some research all over instagram, google and friend recommendations, I caved in and bought a Fitbit Charge 2. This post is going to inform you on why you need the Charge 2 in your life. Let me just tell you, it was the best thing I have ever bought and if you buy it, it will be the best thing you will ever buy. Fit Charge 2 will keep you moving and keep you healthier, in terms of your HR and sleeping patterns.)
The Charge 2 comes in a box, with a charger and the wristband you chose. I didn’t really like the plastic wristbands so I bought this rose gold mesh band that is incredibly breathable and fashionable, too. They also come in gold, silver and multicoloured.
TRACKING AND YOUR GOALS
The first thing you do when you get your Fitbit is to download the app and connect your Fitbit to your phone. Once this is done your Fitbit will immediately start to track your steps, heart rate, sleep patterns, active minutes, weight, periods, calories, floors climbed and distance. You can set your goals for each one according to what you want to achieve. This is done by the settings icon when you click on each track. The more of the outline that is blue the closer to your goal you are. Once your goal is achieved it will turn green.
HOW IT HELPS YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
- The cool thing about Fitbit is that it incentivises you to do well. The first thing it does is it gives you cool badges for you achievements. For example, you get a badge for climbing 500 floors, then 1,000 etc. and they are all called cool things such as ‘skyscraper,’ ‘hot air balloon.’
- Another way it helps you to achieve your goals is through their COMMUNITIES. There are different communities for different things such as weightloss, walking and running. All filled with people egging you on to do as well as you can.
- Friends. You can add you friends on fitbit and compete in cool challenges, which I explain below. You can also see their achievement badges and their average steps. At the end of the week Fitbit also give you a progress report and compare your steps to all of your friends.
All of these things are guaranteed to help you achieve what you need and get you to where you want to be!
STEP COUNTING (WITH FRIENDS!)
Hand on heart, the Fitbit has made me walk so much more. I am so conscious of getting my 10,000 steps a day. I am obsessed with seeing how many steps I do around the house, when walking to uni, the train station etc.
An amazing thing about Fitbit is that you can add your friends and compete in mini challenges. For example, there is a weekly challenge of who can do the most steps in the week, who can reach their goal etc. Its amazing and will definitely bring out your competitiveness and keep you moving.
Every morning I wake up and immediately check my phone to see how much sleep I get. When i am at uni I love seeing if i get 8 hours a day and it has really helped me understand how much sleep I can function on. It also gives you insights on how much light, deep and REM sleep you get and compares it to how much you should be getting. For example, I have concluded that I never really get enough deep sleep as my average is below what it should be and I am most likely awake for 1hr15 minutes for most nights.
You can also set up silent alarms which vibrate on your wrist until you wake up- so say goodbye to loud ass alarms.
ACTIVE MINUTE TRACKING
This is done by your heart rate. Your heart rate is measured and determines what type of exercise you are doing if you haven’t already started tracking it. This then determines the amount of calories you ave burned. It also shows you what class your heart rate was in and for how many minutes you were in in those three exercise classes.
FOOD AND WEIGHT TRACKING
I personally do not use Fitbit to track my food and weight but I have connected my app to MyFitnessPal and it works a treat.
- Personalised clock face. That’s right, you can me your clock face more personalised to you and what you like. Most clock faces have different goal screens so they really are great.
- Relax mode. There is a little feature which allows you, after activating it, to take time out of your day.
- Reminders to move which remind you every hour to get your butt into gear and get moving.
Overall I 100% recommend the Fitbit Charge 2. It has wholeheartedly changed my life by making me more conscious of my health and fitness. If this seems too techy or you want something more techy, Fitbit have a whole range of fitness trackers such as, the Surge, the Alta and the Flex.